When traveling to races, some of us tend to be concerned with what exactly we should travel with. Will everything that we forget be available to purchase at the expo? Yes and no. Running clothes are sometimes available as are shoes, but we do not recommend buying new clothes to run in on race day. Plus, we hope you already have a race day outfit picked out so that you look good in your race day photos!
But when it comes to other gear, we have the tendency to not think twice about it because we are too concerned with the necessities. So to make your recovery easier and your race day pain-free, here is a list of 10 products that you should always travel with.
- Sunglasses- Necessary if it’s sunny or rainy.
- Visor/Hat- If you don’t wear sunglasses and want to keep the sweat out of your eyes, don’t forget a hat!
- Running Belt or armband- To carry your nutrition, phone, keys and anything else you need before, during and after the race.
- Water bottle- For those who prefer to run with their own liquids.
- Moisture-wicking underwear and Sports Bra for the ladies- Just because
- Tech Products: GPS Watch, headphones, heart rate monitor- Who doesn’t run with a watch to check their pace, time or heart rate these days?