As runners, we have the tendency to go through running shoes like it is our job. But how can we prevent this and ultimately extend the life of them? Here are 5 ways to take care of your prized possession.
1. Use them for running! Not for walking, playing sports or running errands. This will save them from wear and tear.
2. Untie your shoes before taking them off.
3. If your shoes get wet, put some newspaper in them. The newspaper will help soak up the moisture. To help them dry faster, put them outside or in direct sunlight. Do not put your shoes in the dryer or on a heater. It will destroy the glue holding the shoe together.
4. If you must wash your shoes, wash them by hand with soap. A washing machine and detergent are harmful to the glue.
5. To keep them from getting really stinky, leave them in an open place rather than keeping them locked away in a gym bag.